Friday 15 March 2013

Rest

Rest is not always stopping and ceasing for an extended period of time.
My rest is in You, Lord.
Rest is not a lie-in until noon.
My rest is in You, Lord.
Rest is not a week’s holiday on the beach.
My rest is in You, Lord.
Rest is not an undisturbed night’s sleep.
My rest is in You, Lord.

Rest is taking a moment to remember.
To look.
To appreciate.
To ponder.
To take in the changing colour of my children’s hair, bright at the end of Summer.
To take in the swishing, swirling sounds of the shell my six-year-old thrusts at my ear.
To absorb the 30 second hugs from my husband before he heads off to a day of activity
To breathe and speak life and calm out loud when things get crazy.

Rest is an absorbing of moments in amongst the activity.
And forcing myself to remember that
My rest is in You, Lord.  


Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Taking those moments is so important when we are busy Moms. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. To me, rest is breathing deeply, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief to think of rest as the moments we take time to savor instead of a prolonged period of inactivity. That's a refreshing approach. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...