Wednesday 17 November 2010

To be or not to be

God has many servants but few lovers.

I want to be a lover of God.

As I have spent time with God recently, seeking to hear his voice more and more for direction in my life, one of the questions he has asked me has been:

Are you content to just be?

Are you content to just spend time with me?

I have begun to look at ways I can just walk with God, enjoying His presence.

One of the top privileges mentioned in Revelation 3:12 for those who overcome is that they will be made pillars in the temple of God.

Would I be content to spend eternity immobile? Do I grasp the privilege it is to just be in God’s presence?

This morning two of the sunflowers in my garden have flowered. A small white butterfly settled on one of them to have a drink.

The glory and beauty of these flowers is in their being. They don’t do anything. All day they seek the warmth of the sun and follow it wherever it goes.

Their beauty and their fruitfulness is in their being.

I want to be like those sunflowers.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” Jesus’ words in John 15 verse 4.

Are you content to just be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...